Talking about scams and dishonest business isn’t a fun topic, and the fact that these kinds of things exist at all is pretty disheartening. But the truth of the matter is that it does happen. And you need to know how to spot St. Louis HVAC scammers!
At Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning, there is absolutely nothing we take more seriously than protecting our patrons. When you need St. Louis HVAC services, you need a reliable and effective solution. Part of finding this is knowing exactly what to look for, and what to avoid.
Need air conditioning services for your St. Charles home? Contact Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning today to get the dependable service you can trust!
How to Spot an HVAC Scam
The summer season unfortunately brings a lot of unsavory characters out of the woodwork. Be wary of any of the following situations:
- Unsolicited visits. Professionals do not run around town looking for HVAC problems. When you need our help, you know who to call! If a stranger shows up at your door citing some oddball and sudden HVAC “emergency” that requires immediate attention, don’t be fooled. On the off chance that you’re just dealing with a good samaritan, go ahead and schedule a visit from HVAC professionals. But some off-the-street handyman that wants to come into your home should never be trusted.
- “Cash upfront” services. If your chosen HVAC technician wants full payment upfront, you probably want to drop them. This is a common scam, and most of the time, you’ll never see this person (or your money) ever again. And be doubly wary of cash-only services. We live in a modern world, and folks that only accept cash for contracted work probably aren’t pros.
- Unprofessional behavior. Your HVAC expert doesn’t need to show up in a suit and tie speaking oxford English or anything, sure. But if you call in for service and the person that shows up is rude, uncouth, or given to withholding information, don’t work with them! Scammers aren’t often all that friendly, and if they are, it usually feels decidedly fake.
Things to Look for in a St. Louis HVAC Contractor
Most of the time, a professional HVAC contractor in St. Louis is pretty easy to spot. When you’re looking for a trustworthy and dependable service, be sure they have:
- Credentials. Licensing and insurance are clear hallmarks of a real, professional business. If you’re planning on getting some St. Louis HVAC service, make sure your chosen service experts are experts!
- Marks and branding. When a Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning service vehicle rolls up, you know it’s us. It’s the same for most proper businesses. Uniforms, verifiable business cards, branded vehicles; all these things are signs that you’re dealing with a real business and not a fly-by-night scammer.
- Good reviews. It’s the technological age, and computers are a common part of most United States homes. Use this to your advantage! Seek out testimonials and reviews from actual customers online (they’re pretty easy to find) to see whether or not previous experiences with the company have been positive.
Dependable HVAC Services in St. Louis with Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning
Next time you need service for your heating or cooling system, call on the experts at Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning! Our certified HVAC specialists can provide the fast, effective, and reliable service you need, and we guarantee our work.