Our 5 Tips Will Improve Your Indoor Comfort
Pet owners know one thing for sure: Our pets aren’t “just animals.” They are part of our families—100 percent. They are loved, adored, and treated with the utmost care. And April is the perfect month to celebrate our pets because it’s jam-packed with days dedicated to recognizing and loving them!
It’s true. Granted, April is typically filled with many seasonal reminders about other important things—from calling for annual air conditioning maintenance in St. Charles County, MO, and beyond, to preparing those Easter baskets with chocolate bunnies and jelly beans. But one of the highlights for pet owners is bound to be the four days set aside to appreciate our pets! Upcoming days dedicated to our furry friends are as follows:
- April 10: Hug Your Dog Day
- April 11: National Pet Day
- April 21: National Bulldogs Are Beautiful Day
- April 24: International Guide Dog Day
How many homeowners are fans of pets? A lot! According to a recent American Pet Products Association National Pet Owners Survey, 68 percent of U.S. households, or about 85 million families, own pets. Cats and dogs lead the animal pack as the most popular. That’s a great deal of pet hair invading America’s HVAC systems! With that in mind, here are five important HVAC tips that dog and cat owners can’t do without:
- Clean and vacuum your home. Want to improve the performance of your HVAC? Take extra care in vacuuming your home. Regular vacuuming and dusting of your home and vents will keep excess pet hair away—and increase the efficiency of your system.
- Take your pet to the salon! Keeping your dog or cat regularly bathed and groomed cuts back on the amount of hair and dander that can make its way into your home. Make your pet’s appointment today!
- Change filters. This is the easiest of all spring tips. Clean filters improve both your indoor air quality and the function of your HVAC. If you need help finding the proper filter for your system, Jerry Kelly can help with that, too! Visit our online filter store right here.
- Install an air purifier! When you own a pet, investing in an air purifier is a no-brainer. Air purifiers will remove pet smells (as well as airborne bacteria, dust particles, mold, pollen, and kitchen odors, too) and help you breathe in cleaner air! Jerry Kelly offers an excellent line of Breathe Easy Indoor Air Solutions to help purify your home. Call us for more info!
- Gate your outside unit. Keep dogs—and outside cats—away from your outdoor unit. Urinating and excessive scratching can cause real damage.
Our Service Is Doggone Good—Call Us Today!
It doesn’t matter whether you own a pet or not, you can always count on Jerry Kelly to be your No. 1 HVAC company in the St. Charles, MO, area and beyond. Call us today at 636.757.8506 for all of your spring maintenance needs. From AC maintenance and AC repairs to AC installation and IAQ systems, we are your top source for all things HVAC. We promise to help you start your season off right!