A whole-house dehumidifier is perhaps the best option you have to control humidity levels in your home during the cooling season. Below is a list of five whole house dehumidifier benefits that you’ll get out of installing one in your home.
Five of the best whole house dehumidifier benefits:
- Continuously control the humidity in your home. When your air conditioner cools your home, it also helps dehumidify the air. However, this only happens when your air conditioner is running. A whole-house dehumidifier not only does a better job at dehumidifying the air, but it also works when your air conditioner is off. This is especially important when the temperature is mild but the humidity is high.
- Avoid water damage around your house. When the humidity is too high in your home, the extra moisture in the air can cause damage to your ceilings, walls, and furniture. A whole-house dehumidifier can save you from the potentially expensive repairs that could come as a result.
- Restrict the growth of household allergens. Household allergens like dust mites, mildew, and mold grow best when the humidity is at 55 percent or higher. By constantly keeping your home at an ideal indoor humidity level, you can stop the growth of these allergens before they start.
- Convenient and hidden from view. A whole-house dehumidifier can control the humidity of your entire home by using just one unit. You’d have to install a portable dehumidifier in every room to match its effectiveness. Unlike portable dehumidifiers, whole-house dehumidifiers are also hidden from view.
- Save energy. One of the best whole house dehumidifier benefits is that it is a big energy saver. If you were to install multiple portable dehumidifiers throughout your home, you’d be using much more energy than you would if you installed a single whole-house unit. Also, you can save energy by setting your thermostat higher with a whole-house dehumidifier because you feel cooler in a house with moderate humidity than you do in one with high humidity.
If you have any questions about these whole-house dehumidifier benefits, or if you’d like a cooling system serviced or installed in your home, contact Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning, your St. Louis area heating and cooling company.